Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This is Really Happening...



     I can’t procrastinate any longer. I have been whispering in my own ear for over three months now to write a new post, and I can’t think of any excuse not to anymore. Nails are painted, I’ve pinterested enough ideas for dinner, and laundry is… folded and placed into corresponding drawers that smile with satisfaction still not done (seriously, I’ll get to it later).

      I am a writer. Born, raised, whatever, but I do honestly enjoy writing…when I actually get around to it. I don’t know why I am the procrastinator I am today, and I know it drives my fiancé nuts, but I just can’t seem to change my lackadaisical ways. I always tell Matt, “I’m the dreamer, and you’re the do-er.” This is basically a way to kid myself into thinking my laziness is actually a quality that is attractive. Matt can attest that my “dreamy” side, while probably really sweet (right??), is not why he thinks I’m going to be a great wife. I have great ideas and intentions but get distracted by... new ideas and intentions. Long story short, I need to get my blogging life together.  I mean if I’m going to blog, now is the time to do it, I’m 26, getting married, moving away FROM EVERYTHING I’VE EVER KNOWN (dramatic, I know), dealing with becoming a new homeowner and adjusting myself to the military lifestyle, ALL AT ONCE. My life is not boring. It is crazy, complicated and I contemplate ripping out my hair every day, but it is exciting. One day, many years from now, when the only thing to blog about is gardening, or potty training…I’ll be glad I stopped procrastinating and actually wrote about my life. All the crazy, all the stress, and mostly, all the dreams.

So follow me on my journey from doorbells,
wedding bells, southern belles,
 and everything in between. 

Charleston Beaches, I guess I can deal...



No comments:

Post a Comment